At Akademy 2015 in A Coruña and after six months of developing deep in the code dungeons, the Shashlik project was finally unveiled on stage in front of a nearly full lecture theatre.
The internet news media have been taking note. Some even before the official announcement was made. It is really great to see that people found out about things, and are looking so closely at things that they noticed we were doing this thing. The way they could do this was that the project was, of course, built in the open (just without announcing things). See the following links for some examples of this:
- Shashlik Project: Bringing Android Apps To Linux, by Tech Drive-in
- Grillspieß für grüne Roboter: Projekt Shashlik bringt Android auf den Linux-Desktop, by JaxEnter (German)
- Shashlik – Tasty New Android Simulator, by LinuxJournal
- Shashlik – Android Anwendungen auf Linux Desktops, by Pro Linux (German)
- Shashlik, Eine Android-Umbebung für jedes Linux, by Golem (German)